“Together in Music” is a community based programme which aims to empower mums, dads and/or carers to help their child develop through the use of music, while raising awareness about Music Therapy in Belfast & Northern Ireland.
We believe it is important for parents to interact, bond and play with their child from a young age. Music is an excellent way to achieve this, and as a result parents and children can have fun yet meaningful interactions. Singing, dancing, playing instruments and relaxing to music are not only great for promoting parent-infant bonding but an excellent tool for stimulating a child’s overall development.
Classes last up to 1hr and are for children aged from 6 months to 4 years.
Together In Music Will:
- Help strengthen parent–infant & family relationships through the promotion of positive interactions in a friendly & relaxed environment
- Encourage positive parenting behaviours, skills and confidence
- Promote child development in a fun & creative way
- Empower new parents to interact and bond with their child and give them opportunity to learn new skills and develop stronger relationships
- Use music to address any attachment issues primarily by encouraging parent responsiveness within the music making and explaining that this same responsiveness can be applied in different situations